Saturday, March 19, 2016

Happy National Quilting Day!

Soooo, it's National Quilting Day!!  

What did you do to celebrate this wonderful event?  I'm currently working on a quilt with Tula Pink's new Chipper collection.  The top is finished and the quilt sandwich all pinned and read to quilt.  Hope to at least start on it tomorrow.  But weekends are usually full of doing things with my husband and family Sunday dinners at our house.  Often, I never get up to my sewing room until Monday!


But, I thought this project would be just perfect to post on National Quilting Day!  I love Pat Sloan's stuff!  I love her fabrics and her patterns. My dear friend Kim, said something the other day that really perfectly described why I love Pat's designs so much. The applique is not "perfect"... and it certainly isn't after I get a hold of it!!  LOL!!


I have a large lap quilt on a wall in my sewing room.  It's an old applique quilt made fifteen years ago when I was just starting to quilt.  It's time to retire it off the wall.  And this new wall hanging will be put in that space, along with some new mini quilts that I plan to make.


I'll make sure to take some pix and post them here when it's all done!!


I had such fun selecting the fabrics for this wall hanging.  I totally love and collect fabrics with writing and words on them.  Do you? 


And I also have lots of sewing themed prints in my stash, so, of course, some made it into this piece.  And I fussy cut my circle dial on the machine that states " Sew On"!


The metal hanger is made especially for this design and is from Ackfeld Manufacturing


Well, Yogi is watching the big wet snowflakes fall as winter bows out and spring comes in.  We both are ready for some green grass and blue skies!  How about you?

5 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is beautiful! Love the fabrics and perfect quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous sewing mini to hang on your special rooms wall. Lovely way to spend "National Quilting Day." I was at retreat with our Patchwork Club sewing chatting and eating ....
    Gee Yogi Lacy hopes the snow goes away soon sew you can go out on the green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Loooove your room! & the "old" quilt on your wall now! The new one has been on my "Gotta Make List" since I first saw the pattern! Yours is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter's making a final appearance today - freezing here! Like Yogi, I too am ready for spring.

    Happy belated National Quilting Day! Love this design and how the contrasting colors compliment eachother so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)