Friday, November 7, 2014

November “Schnibble” Done!

I Really love the pattern chosen for this month’s “Schnibble”.

IMG_3854

It’s not really a Schnibble by dear Carrie, but is actually a mini-quilt design from Fig Tree that uses one charm pack and a bit of yardage!

IMG_3855

I used a charm pack of Sweet Tweet by Benartex.  I also mixed up the leaves a bit and made one stem going in one direction and the other in the opposite direction, as I plan to use it as a table runner.

IMG_3849

The pattern called for a light fabric for the outer border but I chose to use some leftover charm pack pieces for my border! 

IMG_3857

I also quilted some associated words in the narrow red inner border… dirt, seeds, water, sprouts, rain, fresh air, insects, sunshine, etc…

IMG_3858

I love the cute cheater mini-hexie print I used for the backing and will probably use it reversed sometimes,

IMG_3859

so I just signed a solid blue place near the middle on the back that would be covered with a centerpiece, rather than use a label in a corner.

IMG_3861

I’m putting it away for now and will use it this spring!!

IMG_3486

Soooo, Yogi is dyin’ to know what you are up to these days?

1signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Polly, it's just beautiful! I love all the changes you made to the pattern to make it 'yours'. Come spring, your house is going to be bloomingly refreshing!! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pattern and the color choices. The colors don't limit you to a single season. Also I used to have a beagle named Yogi. Dogs do know how to snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're already finished and I haven't even start mine yet, shame on me! Love yours it's gorgous and I love the change you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that Yogi, he is so adorable. I love your quilts, but I especially love seeing a pic of Yogi. I'm up to embroidery and some Christmas quilting and praying I get it all done. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the bright cheery colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt Polly! I love the backing fabric too. Very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love it! I immediately thought "spring" when I saw the first photo and I love how you stitched the words on the red fabric. I'd love to see how to stitch the words like that. I'm trying to get gifts and exchange pieces done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those leaves. I love the stems going in opposite directions. So cute.
    Yogi looks tired. was he working too hard in the quilt room? My little Westie, Titan like to come in the room but he gets annoyed when I move around and disturb his rest. Then he will go out into the hall and lay down there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dog is so cute, he has the sweetest face. I love your mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Twigs mini! I did mine yesterday and love how it came out.
    Can't wait for the parade!
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)