Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Soooo My Colors!!

DSCN3594

The only thing that is keeping me sane at the moment with all this house selling/showing is spending bits of time with Yogi in my sewing room.

DSCN3576

It is definitely my calming place amongst house selling chaos.

DSCN3570

In between cleaning and staging (taking away everything that shows someone actually lives in this house like all dog stuff, bathroom rugs, all personal effects, garbage cans, etc…)

DSCN3571

and then grabbing Yogi and leaving the house when some realtor is showing the house to potential buyers, I escape to my sewing room for some “me” time to blow off stress.

DSCN3572

I have actually made a quilt these last few days!!

DSCN3584

This one uses my most favorite, collected, and hoarded florals from Westminster Fabrics.

DSCN3592

So, none of these are new fabrics bought for this project…oh, except for the 4 yards for the backing…which is the MOST luscious of all!!

DSCN3587

I thought the designer’s instructions were interesting… then I realized her process created leftover usable half square triangle blocks made from the pieced corners!!

DSCN3573

So, after making the quilt, you are left with all these lovely little blocks from these delicious fabrics

DSCN3579

to use for making pillows or placemats, or a purse or wall quilt or… in my case, I’ve got them laid out for a table runner….

DSCN3589

Sooooo, what are working on today??

1signature

18 comments:

  1. Very beautiful colors! I would LIKE to be working on a sewing project today, but other things (life) keep getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You quilt is luscious, and I love the design. I usually piece my backs, so I'd use the leftover hst's with a solid on the back. More work, but it's almost like two quilts in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love this and think it's a great way to show off those gorgeous fabrics! How big are the blocks? I have a similar pattern but I think the blocks are quite a bit smaller. Good luck with selling - it's not a fun way to live I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the most wonderful quilt in the world is there a pattern available for the quilt? hope your house sells soon so your life can get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous! Those colors and fabrics are so soothing and spring-like. Nice for those of us here in the Northeast! I love your backing fabric. You have very good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quilt and love those colors. I'm happy you find some quiet time. I went through that 3 times! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors & I love the backing it soooo pretty!
    What is the pattern, I always get inspired & when I see your finished quilts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But look at what you have for yourself, Polly, "A Floral Garden"!! It's beautiful. It says "SPRING" all over it. You are an AMAZING woman!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love YOUR colors! Monet and Kaffe would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt Polly and love the fabrics! Hopefully your house will sell soon and you can relax!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is gorgeous! The fabrics are just so beautiful! Glad you get a chance to sew amidst all the busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is just awful when you are trying to sell your house....
    Love the quilt you managed to put together Polly and what a great table runner made with the left overs...
    I am working on quilts to send over to the folk who lost everything in a bushfire in Tasmania, down under.
    Oh my hexie flower this week has lots of Yogis on...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt and the table runner, Polly! They're all beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your quilt is sublime fantastic colours and I love the backing fabric please can you tell me what it is called thank for all your inspiration take care kind regards
    Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Polly, your quilt is just lovely! Don't you love Kaffe Fassett fabrics? As a small designer just getting started, it's very exciting to see a quilt so beautifully made from one of my patterns. If your readers are interested, they can find the pattern here; http://www.craftsy.com/user/462233/pattern-store

    Best of luck with the house showing/selling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Polly,
    I hope that the house sells quickly and that your next step of your life's journey brings you joy and new adventures.
    I do love the Kaffe backing_ I have a piece of it and want to use my piece on something special- I do love his florals.
    Wishing you and yours a very Happy 2013,
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)