Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where'd the Weekend Go?

I can't believe it's already Sunday night and it's back to work tomorrow!  Where did the weekend go? ACK!
I finished quilting my spring panel quilt yesterday afternoon and got about 1/3 of the binding sewn down last night during TV and hope to finish it tonight while watching the new HBO Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg war series "The Pacific".  Woohoo!  ;-)
Today after mass, breakfast date at Silver Diner, grocery shopping and laundry, I got the March Schnibbles pattern, Roundabout, all cut out and the 25 blocks made.  So, hopefully tomorrow after work I can get the top all assembled.
Soooooo, what did I really get accomplished today besides changing my blog background and header photo??


I got the Yogster groomed!  See the wet chin?  The first thing he does when I pick him up at the groomer is come in the house and drink a whole bowl of water then curls up and sleeps for a few hours.  I imagine that he barks the whole time he's there and is just thirsty and plain tuckered out!  What a life!  :-)

7 comments:

  1. Love the header Polly, it's starting to look like Easter around here. You must have more hours in your day than I do - you sure accomplished a lot! Your little one sure looks handsome after the groomers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure got alot done! I feel like such a slacker ;-D I cleaned out and organized my fabric this weekend. It took way longer than I thought it would. But now I can see all my pretties and I am free to sew!
    Your little guy is adorable!! My dog does the same thing btw ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I can't wait to see that Spring quilt. The colors look so pretty! I took time out for a scrapbooking weekend, so I'm getting behind on my finishes for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow way to sew! You definitely got a lot accomplished! Yogi looks like he's saying 'who me?' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blog header. Yogi is all set for Easter. I call the groomers today for Otis...he is looking a bit scraggily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yogi is just too cute - look at him - tilting his head listening to his Mama while she takes his photo. Got to love it. Two of my Weimaraners tilt their heads too whenever Scott or myself talk to them.

    And then, there's Lily...yeah...and then Lily....LOL

    I enjoyed making the Roundabout blocks, how about you? I did some serious ripping at one point when matching some of the points up - but that's par for course for me. LOL

    Have a wonderful Monday. Do you all still have a lot of snow on the ground?

    It sounds like you got quite a bit done, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took Conner the schnauzer to be groomed on Sunday and he was so thirsty I had to give him water in the car. Then he slept all the way home! It was schnauzer day at the groomer's and I am sure there was plenty of barking! I am impressed by your quilts with the small pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)