Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My "Love-ly" Irish Chain


I finished my Easy Irish Chain quilt from one of the Quilts and More magazine.  I made it out of only 2 fabrics although the one in the magazine was made from lots of different  fabrics in 2 colors.


I made it from a gorgeous large scale floral from Amy Butler's "Love" collection and a coordinating batik. 
So, I named it my Lovely Irish Chain.



 
I really love the backing fabric I found to match in my stash.  So, it is quilted, bound and labelled! 
Yea!  Another finish for February!  :-) 
And guess who else likes it??




Tonight and tomorrow after work I hope to get the purse remade with fat quarters for a class at The Artful Quilter shop.  There's always something waiting to be made!!  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Love it....and well done on your finish...Peg OPAM 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! Don't you just love "finished"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Polly, and I love that backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cute shot! :-) Gorgeous new quilt! A beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, oh. Look at Yogi helping you show your quilt! Give him a hug from me. He's just too adorable.

    When I saw your photo at first I thought it appeared to be three fabrics. But, then I started reading and see it's only two - how awesome!!!

    This is just gorgeous, Polly. Do you have special plans for it?

    And I have to say - I "heart" that backing you chose. Oh my word, it's so complimentary to the front.

    You definitely have a great eye to put things together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so pretty, Polly! You've chosen a beautiful fabric and a simple pattern that lets it Sing! Really great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)