Thursday, February 4, 2010

First February Finishes

Yesterday, I was very productive on my snow day away from work! I finished my first two projects for February. This little quilt is made from a charm pack and a bit of yardage from the Authentic collection from Moda.



I quilted it just like the one in the book.

It's from On The Run by Anka's Treasures.





It's all pieced except for the leaves which
are machine appliqued using fusible web.


It's all quilted and bound and labeled.




I also made Yogi a new pet bed. My friend Suzanne gave all us bee-mates fabric and a dog bed pattern for Christmas. It was a fun pattern to make. I adjusted it a bit so that it would be reversible so both sides could be used.




The top and bottom are pieced and then all pieces including the sides are quilted after ironing fusible batting onto the back. It took 2 large bags of fiberfill to stuff it. I really love the bright primary colors with black.



I just finished stuffing it and hand sewing the opening closed and put it down on the floor in the family room. Yogi snuggled right onto it and hasn't gotten off it yet! :-)

We are expecting a huge snow storm tomorrow into Saturday here in the northern VA/DC area. Our school system has already cancelled school for tomorrow. So, another unexpected day off to sew! hmmmm... what to make? :-)

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt is SUPER Polly, I love it! Those colors are gorgeous!

    Yogi looks so warm and happy, LOL. I saw the forecast for ya'll, 1-2 feet and the state has been declared a state of emergency already? Yikes! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polly, great post. I love your latest project...delightful design, colors, fabrics. I love it and truly find it inspiring. I also love Yogi's new pet bed!

    Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yogi looks like he is lovin' his new bed! Love the colors in the quilt. If you have any more snowdays, you'll be revising your February list and adding to it:))

    vail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the cutest little bed for Yogi Polly and I do love the quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a spoiled little puppy Yogi is! But sure is enjoying his new bed! Love the little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a snow day to allow us to get so much accomplished in our quilting rooms! You sure did! Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those snow days. Free to do what I want days! And you kept busy. Great accomplishments. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Snow storms" are great for getting the sewing projects done. Great finishes!
    We are having a last of winter here too... Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Polly, I absolutely love this table topper. I'm SO glad I have that book. You have given me incentive to pull it out and add it to my list of projects I want to do. I LOVE yours. What a great job you did.

    Looks like Yogi doesn't care if you'll have more snow - he just likes knowing he has a new bed to curl up on to stay nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little green quilt. Gives me some ideas of what to do with a charm pack that I have been "sitting on" for awhile.

    Enjoy your snow days. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! And I love the little doggie bed- so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)