Sunday, February 28, 2010

CGQC and OPAM February Finishes

Goal # One:
I totally forgot to show the the scrap purse that I remade using fat quarters.  I needed to make it again out of yardage so I could write it up as a pattern as I'll be teaching it later in the spring at The Artful Quilter shop.  Here it is as I had originally made it using Kaffe scraps... with lots of shiney embellishemnts on top of the machine appliqued flower on the front flap. 


And here it is now made of a FQ bundle I had in my stash.  I've named it "Brick and Mortar Bag", because of the brick shaped fabric rectangles with strips of fabric between rows.  I like these fabrics allot.  Will be a great fall purse!

 

It is a really quick purse to make.  The gals in the class can choose to make it using their own scraps or 4 FQ and yardage for lining.  They can embellish it with machine appliqued motifs or just put on a fun button closure as I did with this second version.



Goal # Two:
I used the FQ bundle of the "Full Bloom" collection to make this new spring raw edge appliqued quilt.  The print was so large scale that the blocks were just simple large half-square triangles sewn together, so the beautiful fabric remained quite visable.

 

Goal # Three:
I used the gorgeous "Love" floral fabric along with a coordinating batik to make my "Lovely Irish Chain" quilt from the Quilts and More magazine.



Goal # Four:
I used the "Authentic" charm pack to make this awesome spring wall hanging.

 

Finish # 5:
I used the scraps from the "Full Bloom" quilt above to make this new spring purse.



 
Finish # Six:
I made my Westie, Yogi, a new pet bed from a kit my bee friend Suzanne gave me for Christmas!  Yogi sure does love it!!  :-)



Finish # Seven:
I am trying to catch up to everyone else involved in the Schnibbles group. 
 I made "Winter White" from 2 "Glace" collection charm packs.


Finish # Eight:
I also made a "Sunday Best" Schnibbles quilt from 2 "Panache" charm packs.

 

Finish # Nine:
I found a stack of Kaffe scraps when reorganizing one day and made a little zippered purse .  I used it at the quilt show on Friday and it was the perfect size for $$$, credit card, phone and camera!



I was hoping to be able to add one more finish today- the "Picnic" Schnibbles quilt that I worked on this weekend... but alas...no, it is not done... maybe tomorrow night the top, at least, will be done.  I'm afraid the piecing involved with all those little baskets got the better of me and I had to un-sew more than a few times today. Grrrr!  :-(

Even soooooo,  a pretty good month!  :-) 
Tomorrow I'll post my new goals for March!
Did you get all the stuff done you hoped to during this short February month?
Hope so!  :-)



10 comments:

  1. I feel like such a slackard... you even work too right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you do such beautiful work. Love your purses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did you sleep? Those are absolutely beautiful!
    Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Mackeral Polly...do you have elves working 24/7 for you????????????

    Wonderful finishes...loved every one of them!

    AND you work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are all so lovely but I REALLY love your little leftover Kaffe purse--so cute. You are mighty talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly - HOW I especially love the Authentic wall hanging/tabletopper. I LOVE IT - BIG TIME!!! There are so many beauties that you made. Yes, I'm guilty, I'm a Winter White fan too.

    And yes, I'm a fan of your Spring Purse, like it too much.

    And how can I leave out Yogi - NEVER leave him out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say a VERY good month! Love your bags - and Schnibbles! And, the raw edged applique quilt is great too. Way to sew Polly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - how did you get so much done? Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polly, I LOVE that flower basket quilt in your header photo. Do you know where I could find that pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your finishes are gorgeous! I was wondering what the pattern you used for the dog bed is called? I would love to make one for Chip - my jack russell/maltese baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)