Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CGC and OPAM Projects for February

As I am still working full time, I am leery of biting off more than I can chew by posting too many projects to get done in a month...and this is a short month! So, although I do HOPE to do more than these four, here are my goals for this month!
I made this purse a while back from leftover Kaffe Fassett scraps. It's been in The Artful Quilter quilt shop for a few months and Sheri asked me to write up a pattern for it as folks had been asking her what pattern it came from...sooooooo, I'm going to remake it using yardage and create a pattern for it and teach it there later this spring. So, that's Goal # 1!!



Next, I have this awesome bundle of FQ's in this beautiful springy floral fabric called "Full Bloom", so want to design something of my own and get it made up! Goal # 2!



I also have about 3 yards of this succulent Amy Butler floral from her "Love" collection.... will try to pull from my stash and make up a quilt from that. Goal # 3!



And finally, I have a charm pack and a bit of yardage from the "Authentic" fabric collection , and I want to make this little spring wall quilt from Anka's Treasures book called On The Run. So , Goal # 4!!


And, as I said before, I really do think I can do even more than these four, but am soooooo incredibly anal, that with working full time, I gotta limit it or I'll burn myself out trying to get too much done. And that is not fun and certainly not why I quilt. Quilting is my therapy- my stress-reliever, not stress creator!!

So, what are YOU gonna get accomplished this month???

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure have some great plans for this month!. It is something new for me to plan for the week. I use to just plan for one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polly, not too long ago I purchased "On The Run" by Heather. I haven't even made anything from it yet but love the pattern you have chosen from the book.

    Darling bag. I had no idea you liked to teach. That's awesome !

    Today I got hubby's sports jacket done and cut out some "Cindy Lou Who" pieces.

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow - HUMP DAY !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Polly, I am sure you will achieve all those goals plus more....love the little wall hanging and the bag is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that is ambitious but I have no doubt you will get them done! They are abolutely lovely! Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all of those great plans! I'm pulling for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly, I don't work and I don't know if I could get all that done in a month! Heck I know I couldn't, I sew slower than a snail. You girls amaze me with all your projects you complete!

    I have a book by Heather, but I must have missed that one! Guess I'll have to order it, that little quilt is adorable!

    I'm going to finish a Schnibbles I started, maybe two, and I have a pincushion to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great purse and I love all the fabrics you get to play with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me -- looks like you'll need those snow days (tee hee)! Great projects this month - can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)