Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm a Quiltin' Maniac!!

Knowing I would be putting all my Halloween decor away and bringing out all my Thanksgiving decor, I was REALLY motivated to get the 3 quilt tops quilted and bound, so I could put them out with my Thanksgiving stuff. SOOOOOOOOO, I got to quilting!! I've quilted and bound two of them so far!! YESSSSSSSSS! Man, my Juki was smokin'!!! :-)



This one is called "Autumn Bounty". It was shown in a Fons and Porter magazine. I quilted around the flowers, corn and pumpkins in the center panel and then quilted a garland of leaves, acorns and curlicues in the next few borders and stippled in the last border. I used a gorgeous variegated thread with red, green, gold and orange colors.



I named this one "November Bounty". I used the same great thread and just meandered all over it with all different shapes and sizes of leaves. It was so fun to quilt it.


I love using stripes for bindings! Do you?
Well, gotta get up and get busy taking down all my Halloween stuff... drag the boxes downstairs to the basement and bring up the tubs of Thanksgiving stuff. I put out all my scarecrows for Thanksgiving. I'll take photos when I'm done and post them later!! I still have one more top to quilt... so gotta get on that, too!
What are YOU working on this weekend?


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Fall quilts, Polly. I look forward to your Thanksgiving decor. What a Boo-tiful house it was for Halloween. I imagine it's just as wonderful during Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)