Friday, August 7, 2009

YAAAY! Caught up on my BOM!

I spent the day in my sewing room. I was waaaay behind my bee friend Linda on our "Calendar Kids" Block of the Month. Here's the quilt in case you've not seen it before!


Linda and I saw it at Hampton Roads Quilt show back in February and we got our first block kit in May. As we are both elementary teachers, we love the way it is arranged by the school year beginning with September and ending with August. So, today I made the September, October and November blocks as well as 8 house blocks and 7 tree blocks. Woo Hoo!! It was fun to do...allot like playing with paper dolls as you dress them according to the month.
I also finally completely finished quilting and binding the Gi Gi Girl quilt and the wallhanging made with the leftovers from the quilt. I named it Mainly Curls.


I used variegated thread in yellow, green, purple and red to quilt it . I made large wavy edged leaves as the design idea came from the paisley in the quilt.


I finished binding them both and attaching the labels, too. I took them to the Artful Quilter quilt shop as they are class samples for their upcoming class newsletter for the fall.
I'm thinking what UFO I can work on tomorrow...hmmm....

1 comment:

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)