Monday, August 24, 2009

Boring Chores! UGH!!

UGH! I have only 3 more days left of my summer vacation before I gotta go back on Thursday, and I HAD to clean out closets.... ACK!! What a major waste of time!!



But it had to be done. I cleaned out 3 closets and 3 chest of drawers... took 4 big bags of clothes to Goodwill and have a pile of stuff for my son and his girlfriend to look over and hopefully take to their place and then 5 ginormous bags of trash to go out! Although boring, it was a very productive day.

I did , by the way, finish sewing up all 8 new tops for work. So, that was good, too. It's always nice to have some new clothes!

I made this fun fat quarter autumn leaf quilt top last week, but forgot to post it here!


You cut the FQ's into strips and sew them together into strip sets and then sub-cut them. Very easy and quick! I love the black background on the sashing and border fabric.


I found some great fall fabrics to make the leaf blocks from.... I just adore fall, so have lots of fallish fabrics in my stash! Especially Halloween fabrics. Do you?


Do you have a favorite season?? If we move back to Florida when we retire, I will truly miss the autumn leaves. I think my next project might be a fun Halloween bag! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like this quilt might have gone together fairly fast. Very "fallie" and I love "fallie" colors.

    I'd love to see the 8 tops. You're my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt...productive day girl!! I can't believe you make your own clothes...I'm so impressed.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)