Wednesday, July 15, 2009

OMG!!!!!!! What a Lucky Week!!

This morning, while checking my email, I opened one from QuiltHome.com and found out my blog was the weekly winner!! I won $20.00 to spend on their gorgeous fabric!! Cool, huh?



My goodness! What a lucky week I've had! On Monday I received a wonderful surprise "Thank You" package from my mini quilt swap partner Gloria in Argentina, now this! WoooHooo!


I've just finished finding all the bunnies in the July Fabshophop online. At one of the shops, I saw a cute little snowman kit using charm squares, so I ordered it on Saturday and I got it on Monday, too.




I am sooooo pleased with it! It only took an hour Monday night to cut and sew it up!! Then Tuesday night I quilted it and tonight I finished binding it and sewing on the button embellishments.





It will look great over my mantle come next January when I put out all my snowfolk! I love the splashes of aqua in the collection, so I free-motion quilted holly leaves and berries around the snowman with variegated aqua and blue thread. I used beige thread for the snowman.



It only took one charm pack and some fabric for the backing and binding. The fabric line used was "Crazy Eight" by Moda. The pattern didn't show a nose, but I had a tiny plastic carrot, so I used that in addition to the red and black buttons. He is quite a "charm"ing fellow!! :-)


I also went to see the new Harry Potter movie today. Loved it! There were more adults in the theater than kids... interesting, huh?? Toodleloo for now!! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is a real boon for you. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what fun you are having...I can feel the excitement exploding through your blog..hahaha. I want to go see the movie. I'm not surprised about the abundance of adults. I loved every book.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having a great week! I just love the snowman. He looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fabrics of Snowman body !your quilt is great, will it be a wallhanging ? As your quilt swap doesn't have a sleeve, it's covering my music recorder. I'll be uploading pics of my improved Studio this weekend !!! kisses..Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)