Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quilting Advice Needed!!

I am trying to clean off my sewing room tables, so need to get some UFO's that are laying around on them completed. I bought this fusible garden gate over a year ago.




I used my stash and fussy cut 3" squares and created a meandering garden walk with different sections of flowers and colors. After fusing the black garden gate over the pieced top, I never got any further! I couldn't decide how to quilt it. Do I quilt the edges around the black fused part? That will take FOREVER! But , I could certainly do that. I could also quilt OVER the black fused part...like do a meandering ivy vine? Then do different looking flowers in the rest of the flower sections...

What would you do? What color thread would you use? I'd appreciate it if you would please leave me a comment and give me your suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. I have looked and looked at this. I definitely feel you should quilt around all the black siloettes and the garden gate. Its the back ground that I'm not quite sure of. Maybe a faux flower stippling on the flower areas and wavy lines for the sky?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)