Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday! YIKES!! Sorry, but it was a busy week for sure! Anyhoo... I hope all Mothers had a most wonderful and blessed Mother's Day today! It was such a perfect day here! The sun was out all day , 72 degrees and it was very breezy... I could hear all the wind chimes singing all day outside! So perfect for doing some planting!



I asked my dear husband for 2 spiral Juniper trees to put in big pots on our front steps for my Mother's Day gift! He brought them home from the nursery yesterday and I potted them and then today I went out and bought more flowering plants for the rest of the front.


I bought red and pink geraniums and coral petunias and yellow and orange marigolds and some other pretty drapey flowers that I can't recall the name... I cut back all the stringy dead stuff from the grass edging plants and now we just need some mulch to finish up!!


I really hate yard work usually, but it was so relaxing potting the plants today as the weather was just perfect!! NO SWEATING!! Although, the scratchy Juniper foliage has left a nice itchy rash on my forearms! They stopped itching with some topical cortisone cream, so no worries!!


My husband took me and my son and his girlfriend to a very nice Italian restaurant for dinner. I had chicken Alfredo and cheesecake for dessert....no calories there!!! Did you go out to dinner, too, for Mother's Day?? Hope so!! You deserve to be treated like a queen today!!

I did sew allot yesterday and made a purse from some scraps from a quilt I made my dear sister Patty a few Christmases ago... I'll write about it tomorrow!! I did not get into the sewing room today, but hope to tomorrow after work! I want to get some more cool linen tops made as the warm weather will soon be here to stay!! Hope your day was as relaxing and productive as mine!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Polly, your front walk looks gorgeous. The spirals and the pots are so pretty. Sounds like you had a really nice Mother's Day.

    vail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day Polly! Your front looks absolutely enchanting, I love those spiral junipers!

    My folks came down so I cooked us lunch (and yep, cheesecake too, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)