Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Piecing Is Done!



I finally got back to sewing on the snowman wallhanging tonight after dinner. I finished sewing all the veritcal rows, then pressed the seams flat. A tip- when sewing the second set of rows, flip the seam allowance- one up and one down as you stitch to reduce bulk at seams. Here's a close-up view.

Here's what it looks like from the right side! Now I've added batting and backing and will quilt it tomorrow night, I hope. It also requires embellishments including an orange carrot nose, black button eyes and mouth and 2 big buttons on his tummy, as well as an added 3-D scarf. Can't wait to get it done and up on my kitchen wall!!
I was hoping for a snow day today, but no dice! We did get an inch of snow but the roads were fine so off to school we went! We've only used one snow day so far and still have 2 more days to use built into our school year... so there's still hope!!
Well, gotta go watch American Idol. Love TIVOing it and then watching it later and fast-forwarding through the commercials and boring parts! I also TIVO quilting shows while I'm at work and watch them later, too. What an awesome invention! Hope you all have it, too! God Bless! Polly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)